Sunday, July 19, 2015

Afterthought: JUST THE WAY WE ARE (Runner’s Angels)

Text and Photos by DOREEN JOY D. BAUYA

"Make Your Life A Mission Not An Intermission" 

As far as I could remember since I was a child I love being with people and very eager to help in my own little ways. And this maybe the reason why I'd love to be involved in humanitarian acts such as outreach programs and charity events. Some may say, "bakit ka ba sumasali sa mga ganyan, eh wala namang bayad at mapapagod ka lang. Sayang yung time and effort mo dyan." But I am humbly boasted, it is worth fulfilling and the happiness you feel inside is so genuine. 

Let me share this - "VOLUNTEERING involves spending time, effort, unpaid and it must be a choice freely made by each individual. An opportunity comes in many shapes and sizes. And can make real difference to your own life and the lives of those around you. Probably the most important are commitment, common sense and the ability to work in a team." 

Definitely true. Let me add also, it involves the goodness of friendships and the real people around us who responded very eagerly with their undying support and willing to back us up when called upon by anytime. Of course their amazing trust to me and to my team is heaven to me personally. And I already have this "trust issues" so I am just very thankful to God for being there with me because it is really a big risk and the responsibility of doing this kind of activity. After all, He just wanted me to keep inspiring other people. 
 

On a separate occasions dated May 23 and June 13, 2015 came the most awaited part of my life because this 2-day event so far is the best memories not only for myself but also to all my good friends who made the event successful. As I christened this group "Runner's Angels" outreach program. You may ask why Runner's Angels? Simply because this is a group of ordinary, beautiful, thoughtful, caring and generous individuals who want to give back all the graces and blessings from God. We are all runners as described being messengers, courriers, gofers, joggers etc. And for that, we are the human angels. 
 

Last May 23, 2015 we had our first outreach activity in Barangay Tiobolo. I was with my team - Alma Bauya, Jane Picot-Monton, Maurice Dence Bacaling and Richovielle Bacaling. We distributed school supplies and slippers to three Day Care Centers (Centro, Lawon and Basak) with a total of 150 Day care and Kindergarten children.


And just last June 13, 2015 was our second outreach activity in Sitio Langan, Coronon. And I was with my other team - Jenamie Mellina, Irish Gay Simbajon and Faridah Lumpapac. We distributed school slippers to Langan Day Care Center children and some neighboring less fortunate children as our recipients on the aid activity. We also donated some school supplies to Langan Day Care Center. 
 

Our two outreach activities were very successful. Those lovely and genuine smiles of innocent children of God really brighten our days that money could not buy. This initiative is already 4 years old and for that I am super thankful and grateful to all our sponsors and donors. Since day 1 you never rejected my requests. Lastly, or course to my very supportive teams as in my super good friends (alam nyo na kung sino kayo), sobrang salamat. I know you are just beside me, ready to support and help me. This journey will be continued forever just the way we are. My thank you is not enough but God will surely give back a hundred folds to all of you. Until next time, I heart you my Runner's Angels.

No comments:

Post a Comment