Monday, December 28, 2020

Counterflow

By Julius R. Paner

As year 2021 approaches there is only one thing I considered certain and that is UNCERTAINTY. Yes, the strain brought by the hostile 2020 will be carried over, which to me could underscore so much questions rather than answers as the New Year unfolds.

Just like you, I yearn for a better 2021. To be able to go back to what we all have been used to in the pre-pandemic glory days. To travel without reservations to places we long to visit and finally check some important pieces in the bucket. To be with anybody else in the planet without the fear of acquiring the virus they referred to as lethal. To be psychologically stable without thinking too much about government policies and guidelines which stigmatized the society.

Just like some of you, I prayed hard that government regulations should favor economic repositioning to gain back the momentum we enjoyed before COVID-19 came into our minds. I am not sure though, if all of us have fully realized that this epidemic appears more in human being’s brain instead of them saying it paralyzes the respiratory system. Just like most of us, I prayed hard that a more comprehensive adaptation mechanism, rather than, as they said, prevention will be employed within all of us.

But for now that we have embraced the COVID-19 existence and that we have shown average tolerance to live life in the bubble, I will be seeking indulgence to live the exact opposite to whom it may concern. When all else wanted to reap good things while spreading hatred and culture of vindication I would rather go to the mountains and look for birds and other wildlife. When all else found splendor over fake news in facebook and twitter I would rather spend time cuddling beautiful memories in the outdoors where face mask is not required and social distancing is as free as the air we breathe. When all else are busy counting COVID-19 positive cases and wrecking their minds of numbers I would rather take my six-string and strum my thoughts out in a personal playlist I have been listening since childhood days. When all else are disinfecting themselves to get rid of the virus I would rather have inner cleansing and be with people I consider friends, I don’t care if they are tagged positive. When all else are praying for the pandemic to be over so that no more cremation of their dead love ones I would rather pray to God to give me strength to accept death as an inevitable phenomenon.

Just like you, I would like to believe that what is happening in the world today is all more of a paradox and there is no amount of community quarantines and lockdowns can settle it. It goes without saying that the best remedy is to deactivate our social media accounts, entertain only good news from your neighbors and pray, just pray. And if you are not inclined of this humble interpretation from this lowly citizen, you can always block or unfollow me in all my social media accounts.

But for as long as you consider me your friend and believe me in the platforms I stood for you can always join me in taking the less-traveled road. For as long as you thought all these things happening are meant for the majority to go with the flow you can always join me in the counter flow.

No comments:

Post a Comment